You are solely entitled to the credit if you are participating in a self-financing programme, either in full-time or evening or correspondence or distance education.
Everybody is entitled to borrow Student Loan if:
- he or she is over the age of 45*,
- is a Hungarian citizen,
- is acknowledged as a refugee
- has a residence or immigration permit,
- has the right to free movement and residence in **Hungary, at a legal title specified in the Decree.
The student credit can be borrowed if:
- you have a valid student’ legal status in a higher educational institution,
- you have reported your place of residence in the register of Personal details and residential addresses,
- you have enrolled to the given study programme period and
- have no valid contract for Student Loan of free use.
You will not be entitled to borrow credit if your earlier Credit Contract has been terminated and you have not paid your debt yet. No one can have two Student Loan Contracts, everybody can have exclusively one Credit Contract.
* The semester when the Student Loan can be disbursed for the last time is when the entitled person reaches the age of 45.
** Legal titles specified in the Decree:
- In accordance with act 1 of 2007 on the entry and residence of the persons with the right free movement and residence (hereinafter, according to the Hungarian abbreviation as: Szmtv.) an EEA citizen who resides in Hungary for a period longer than three months in order to carry out an earning activity as well as such person’s family member, entitled to residence over three months,
- The family member of a Hungarian citizen carrying out an earning activity who is entitled to reside at the territory of Hungary for a period longer than three months,
- Who in accordance with Szmtv, is entitled to permanent residence.